Thursday 20 June 2013

First Flavour of Managment Fundas

I never thought of reading someone's blog till today and creating a blog of my own seems very unusual to me but thanks to our Mandi sir for making us inculcate this habit.

                   Coming to know about Mandi sir is like a series of surprises to me. Sudden gesture of Mandi sir in class (Surprise # 1) - Yesterday, we were actually confused by sudden and silent entry of Mandi sir in class as he came instead of other faculty.

                   Immediately I was checking a piece of paper lying in the bag....you are right. It is our class time table. Never carried a time table in my bag hitherto and thanks to NITIE for issuing a copy of time table :). Then very next moment when I looked at our Mandi sir, he was sitting on the floor beneath black board (Surprise # 2).

                  Then I thought, our Mandi sir would teach us meditation and yoga that helps to keep our selves relaxed (don't know...heard of people saying abt yoga) in our busy life in NITIE. As I was busy with my own thoughts, suddenly every one was asked to sit down before black board (Surprise # 3). By now I confirmed with my friends that he is a faculty.

                 Mandi sir gave a formal introduction of himself and my enthusiam suddenly vanished when it is confirmed that he is no more a meditation teacher ( missed golden chance to have peaceful sleep in class). Now our Mandi sir took out some beautiful education toys from bag(Surprise # 4). To be honest, neither I didn't play with such toys in my childhood nor I saw such things in market. In simple words, they are unique, very impressive and no one can resist the temptation to play with such toys. I was very impressed with two toys that are shown to us.

     They are : Newton's Cradle and A Ball with world map over it



  
Firstly I was completely blank to frame an idea about Newton's Cradle. Later in course of time got to know that toy really imparts a great lesson to us. That is 'One should have determination to help our friends by giving them required support as much as possible to place themselves on par with oneself even though if one loose their energy/momentum'.                  

                        Later, Mandi sir gave us an overview of Mandi, its importance to MBA student and probable dates of conducting Mandi this year. Last time it was conducted in the year 2011 and hope this year we won't miss fun. In Mandi 2010, bollywood actress Preethi Jhangiani was the chief guest and you can have look at video of her that shows her addressing NITIE students. Hoping a bollywood actress this year also come to our campus in Mandi flag off ceremony.


           Last minutes of class are spent by taking pictures of Mandi sir while interacting with us.(hmm..couldn't get good shot of Mandi sir).


At the end of class, I felt that Mandi would definitely give us very important knowledge of business like,

# Ability to judge the customer by looking at body language of customer.
# Ability to change interaction based on the mood of customer.
# Ability to elevate our product.
# Ability to develop niche skills to sell product in market.

I definitely hope that I learn above skillset and may be much more in the most awaited season of Mandi 2013.           

4 comments: